- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 1 sheet kombu, 1” x 4”
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 handful katsuobushi flake, or bonito flake
- salt, to taste
- Soak kombu overnight in a lidded container in the refrigerator.
- Place on stove top and bring to a simmer.
- Add soy sauce, katsuobushi, and salt. Simmer for a minute and strain.
- Set aside liquid.
- 12 chicken wings
- Canola oil for fryer
- Use a deep fryer and heat canola oil to 350F.
- Place wings in fryer and fry until they are a deep golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- 1/4 Cup butter, ideally cultured butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp green yuzu kosho
- Whisk to combine.
Enjoy with Allagash Saison
Allagash Saison is our interpretation of a classic Belgian farmhouse style. It is a golden hued beer, brewed with a 2-Row blend, malted rye, oats and dark Belgian candi sugar. Saison is hopped with Tettnang, Bravo and Cascade hops. Fermented with a traditional saison yeast strain, Saison exhibits notes of spice and tropical fruit in the aroma. Citrus and a peppery spice dominate the flavor and make way for a pleasant malt character. Saison is full bodied with a remarkably dry finish. 6.1% ABV.