- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine water, butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in large saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Add flour all at once and stir with wooden spoon until well combined, with no streaks of flour remaining.
- Transfer dough to bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until cooled slightly, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and add egg. Once egg is incorporated, increase speed to high and beat until outside of bowl is cool, about 12-15 minutes.
- Select AIRFRY/SUPER CONVECTION/350⁰F/20 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- Transfer dough to piping bag fitted with 5/8-inch closed star pastry tip. Pipe 3-inch lengths of dough onto airfry rack, using scissors to snip dough at tip.
- Cook in rack position 4 until churros are brown and crisp on the outside, about 20 minutes.
- Place melted butter in medium bowl; combine sugar and cinnamon in a second medium bowl.
- Toss warm churros in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar.
- Pipe remaining dough onto airfry rack and repeat steps 5-7.
- Serve immediately with chocolate sauce or dulce de leche for dipping.