Thom Ka Gai Soup
- 2 cups chicken stock, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk, pale section only, roughly chopped
- 1 (1-inch piece) galangal, or ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh, cilantro , chopped
- 2 long red chilies, seeds removed, plus 1 extra, thinly sliced to garnish
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated palm, sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts , shredded
- 1 can bamboo shoots, to serve
- 1 can straw, mushrooms , to serve
- 2 Asian, shallots , thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh, cilantro, chopped
- 1 long, red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- lime, wedges, to serve
- Place stock, coconut milk, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, cilantro and chilies into blender jug and secure lid. Press SOUP function. Process for entire program.
- Add lime juice, palm sugar and fish sauce. Replace lid. Dial to BLEND. Process for 15 seconds or until combined.
- Divide shredded chicken, bamboo shoots and straw mushrooms among bowls. Ladle soup over ingredients.
- Top with shallots, cilantro leaves and extra chili. Serve with lime wedges.