Spring Rolls Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (1 medium)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
To make spring rolls
- 12 spring roll wrappers (cover with slightly damp towel to keep from drying out)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Grapeseed oil for brushing rolls
- Heat 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add ground pork and cook until browned, stirring frequently to break up chunks. Transfer browned pork to a bowl and reserve.
- Wipe the pan clean, add remaining grapeseed oil and reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots, cabbage and green onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables have softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the browned pork back into the pan. Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir well. Spread the mixture out on a baking pan and refrigerate until completely cool.
- Make dipping sauce while filling cools. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a slurry.
- Place one spring roll wrapper on a clean cutting board so that one corner points towards you like a diamond. Keep remaining spring rolls covered until ready to use. Place 2 rounded tablespoons of filling horizontally across the wrapper, just below the halfway line. Fold up the bottom corner tightly over the filling. Fold over the two side corners, forming a tight, neat packet. Spread a small amount of cornstarch slurry along the top edge of the wrapper (this is the glue that holds the spring roll together) and tightly roll up the spring roll.
- Place rolled spring roll on a baking pan or plate and keep covered with plastic wrap while making remaining spring rolls.
- Select AIRFRY/450°F/SUPER CONVECTION/13 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- Lightly brush the outsides of the spring rolls with grapeseed oil and place in a single layer on the airfry rack.
- Cook in rack position 4 until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Tip: Freeze uncooked spring rolls in a single layer then transfer to large zip-top bag and store in freezer for up to one month. To cook, follow instructions from step 8.