- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the zucchini in half crosswise and then cut each half lengthwise into wedges ½-inch thick. Toss zucchini with 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt and place in a strainer or colander set over a bowl. Let drain for 30 minutes. Rinse well under cold running water to get rid of excess salt. Use paper towels or a clean dish towel to dry the zucchini well.
- To make the dip, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Combine panko, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, cayenne and ½ teaspoon kosher salt in the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until ingredients are well combined and slightly finer in texture, 5-7 pulses. Transfer panko mixture to a shallow dish.
- Place flour and egg whites in two additional shallow dishes.
- Working in batches, toss zucchini in flour and shake off any excess. Dip zucchini in egg whites and allow excess to drain off. Dredge zucchini in panko mixture, ensuring all sides are well crusted.
- Arrange zucchini in a single layer on the airfry basket, leaving space between each piece.
- Select AIRFRY/425°F/SUPER CONVECTION/12 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- Cook in rack position 4 until brown and crispy, about 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately with herbed yogurt dip