- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
- Peanut sauce
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced onion
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Cut each thigh into 2-inch strips. Place in a large bowl and toss with marinade until well coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Insert wire rack in rack position 4. Select AIRFRY/425°F/SUPER CONVECTION/20 minutes and enable Rotate Remind. Press START to preheat oven.
- Thread 2 pieces of chicken on each skewer. Place the broiling rack in the roasting pan and arrange 6 skewers crosswise on the rack, alternating the orientation of skewers so that 3 skewers point in each direction (handle ends of skewers will extend off the rack).
- Cook for 20 minutes, flipping the skewers when Rotate Remind signals. Chicken will be dark brown and slightly charred. Remove cooked skewers to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining 6 skewers.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce.
Yields: 1 ¾ cups
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Process peanuts in a food processor until coarsely ground. Remove from food processor bowl and reserve.
- Add lemongrass, garlic, shallot, ginger and red pepper flakes to food processor bowl and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add lemongrass mixture and fry until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add peanuts, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and salt and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Notes: Can use 12 12-inch skewers or 24 6-inch skewers (skewer count approximate). Line baking pan with parchment paper or foil for easier cleanup.