- 2 large russet potatoes (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1/4 cup sour cream + ¼ cup for dipping
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Place steamer basket in a medium pot and add enough water to come just below the basket. Bring water to a boil. Place potatoes in the steamer basket and cover pot with lid. Steam potatoes for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out easily.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together sour cream, egg, cheese, bacon, chives, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly then carefully remove peels. Use a potato ricer to rice into a medium bowl.
- Add potatoes to sour cream mixture and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Divide potato mixture into 30 portions, about 2 tablespoons each. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Scramble egg and water in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a second medium bowl.
- Working in batches, roll the balls in the egg. Allow excess egg to drain off then dredge balls in breadcrumbs, ensuring they are completely coated.
- Arrange balls in a single layer on the airfry basket, leaving space between each piece.
- Select AIRFRY/375°F/CONVECTION/20 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- Cook in rack position 4 until brown and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sour cream for dipping.
Tip: To keep potato from sticking to your hands, moisten them with water before shaping into balls.