- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Cut chicken into strips about 1-inch wide. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with ½ teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate while preparing breading.
- Combine spices in a small bowl and mix well. Reserve.
- Combine ½ cup panko, ¾ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon spice mix in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely ground, about 10 pulses. Transfer panko mixture to a shallow dish and add olive oil and remaining 1 cup panko. Use fingers to mix, ensuring olive oil is evenly distributed.
- Place flour in a second shallow dish and stir in remaining spice mix.
- Scramble the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a third shallow dish.
- Working in batches, toss chicken strips in flour and shake off any excess. Dip chicken in egg and allow excess to drain off. Dredge chicken in panko mixture, ensuring all sides are well crusted.
- Arrange chicken strips in a single layer on the airfry basket, leaving space between each piece.
- Select AIRFRY/425°F/SUPER CONVECTION/8 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- Cook in rack position 4 until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with honey mustard sauce.
Tip: Use one hand for handling the dry steps and one for the wet.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Yields: 1/3 cup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Note: Make sauce while chicken is cooking.