Salt & Pepper Squid
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorn
- 1/2 tablespoon sea, salt
- 2 pounds cleaned squid, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oil to 375°F in a large skillet or fryer.
- Place corn kernels, black peppercorns, Szechuan peppercorn and sea salt into blender jug. Dial to MILL and process for 1 min. Set aside in a medium mixing bowl.
- Toss squid into mixture until coated evenly.
- Fry squid in oil in small batches for about 30 seconds each batch until lightly golden.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok and add chili, garlic, and green onions stir constantly for about 30 seconds or until ingredients are golden.
- Toss with fried squid then serve with Lime Aioli.