- 2 eggs plus enough water to make 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon white rice flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon millet flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 3 tablespoons milk powder
- Make sure the collapsible paddle is in the bread machine and in the upright position.
- Slightly beat the eggs and add them to the bread pan first, then add in the remaining wet ingredients. Next add in the instant coffee and the dark brown sugar.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the salt, white rice flour, brown rice flour, millet flour, cocoa powder, and xanthan gum. Once sifted, mix these ingredients together and pour over the wet ingredients.
- Sprinkle the top with the yeast, milk powder, and caraway seeds, then secure the bread pan into the machine.
Select the Gluten Free setting, the desired crust color, and the 2-pound loaf size, then press start.
- During the Knead 2 step, check on the dough; it should resemble mashed potatoes. If the mixture seems too wet, add in white rice flour 1 tablespoon at a time until it is the correct consistency. If the mixture is too dry, add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of water at a time until it is the correct consistency. Then, while the paddle is still kneading, scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula to ensure that all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Make sure the lid is closed and allow the bread to continue on until finished.
- Once the whole cycle is complete, using an oven mitt, remove the bread pan via the handle and allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before removing the bread from the pan. The bread will slice best when cool.