It’s a great time to buy mangoes — a sweet tropical delight. Unfortunately, many people are still turned off by the apparent difficulty of preparing mangoes. The giant pit can be confusing. But don’t be dismayed.
Prepping a mango is very simple. With a little practice, you’ll see how easy it can be. Here’s a great video that walks you through it.
Make it Yourself
Once you’ve conquered one mango, you’ll see how approachable they really are. You’ll never have to buy second-rate salsa from a store again.
Very often, jarred mango salsas are marketed in a way that preys on people’s reluctance to prep mangoes. Here is a simple recipe that uses the power of your dual disc juicer or food processor to make a delicious salsa quickly and easily. You’ll be kicking back with some tortilla chips in no time.
- 2 large ripe mangoes, halved, peeled, and stones removed
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- sea salt to taste
- Process mango through juice processor using purée disc. Or use food processor or blender.
- Pour mango mixture into a bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt.
Spoon over prawns, ﬁsh, or chicken. Or enjoy with tortilla chips.