- 4 tbsp dried chia seeds or basil seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, or 1⁄2 iceberg
- 1 cup fresh spinach, with a few leaves saved for decoration
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄4 cup vodka, cold
- In a small cup, soak the chia or basil seeds with the lemon juice and 1 cup warm but not hot water. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In either a juicer or blender, process the celery, cucumber, lettuce, and spinach, and add the lime juice. Pour into a jug.
- Add the vodka and stir in the swollen chia or basil seed, keeping back 1 tsp for garnish.
- Pour the juice into a tall glass and decorate with a single spinach leaf – which the more fanciful amongst us might think of as a lily pad – and a spoonful of the chia seed on top . . . for the frog spawn.
Recipe from SymmetryBreakfast