- 2 lemons
- Simple syrup (see note)
- 3 ounces high-proof whiskey
- Herbsainte or absinthe
- 4 teaspoons powdered egg white
- Squeeze the juice from both lemons into a large glass. Add simple syrup and water, to taste, to create lemonade (the amount of simple syrup depends on how tart the lemons are and how sweet you like your cocktail). Strain lemonade into cocktail shaker to remove any seeds.
- To lemonade, add 3 to 4 teaspoons powdered egg white and whisk vigorously or use immersion blender to whip until frothy. This may take a minute or two, as the powdered egg whites need to be rehydrated by the liquid.
Whiskey Slushie Instructions
- Place 1 1/2 cups ice and 3 ounces whiskey into food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles a slushie.
- Using a spray bottle, spritz herbsainte or absinthe into interior of two lowball cocktail glasses (if you don’t have a spray bottle, you can add a few drops of liquor and swirl it around glass to coat the interior, then pour out any excess liquid). Divide whiskey slushie between the two separate glasses, and top each with lemon foam. Garnish with a curl of lemon zest.
NOTE: To make simple syrup, mix equal parts water and sugar (for this recipe, 1 cup of each is more than enough) in a saucepan and bring to a light boil, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool and store.