- 2 slices bacon
- Pinch of hickory wood chips
Smoky Bloody Mary
- 1 cup (240ml) tomato juice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vodka
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Celery heart and smoked bacon, to serve
- Black pepper, to serve
- Pinch of apple wood chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Place bacon on a wire rack inside a roasting tray.
- Cook bacon for 10–15 minutes or until brown and crisp.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the rack then place into a container lined with parchment paper or paper towels.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Add hickory wood chips to the burn chamber of the Breville Smoking Gun. Place hose under plastic wrap with the opening sitting above the bacon. Turn smoking gun on to HIGH SPEED and ignite wood chips. Switch to LOW SPEED and smoke for a few seconds until container is filled with a dense smoke. Remove hose and close lid tightly Let infuse for 3 minutes.
- For the Smoky Bloody Mary, combine tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce and celery salt in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add apple wood chips to the burn chamber of the Breville Smoking Gun. Place hose in cocktail shaker with the opening sitting above the liquid and and cover partially with the lid. Turn smoking gun on to HIGH SPEED and ignite wood chips. Switch to LOW SPEED and smoke for a few seconds until the shaker is filled with a dense smoke. Remove hose and cover with the lid. Vigorously shake cocktail for 10 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and serve with black pepper, celery heart and smoked bacon.