As part of Breville’s “Road to the Recipe” series, we visited North End Grill in New York City to watch Chef Cardoz prepare these Black Sea Bass en Papiolotte.
- 4 fillet of black bass, snapper or similar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup carrot cut in julienne
- 1/4 cup scallion cut into julienne
- 4 large shitakes cut into thin strips
- 1 spicy chili sliced thin ( Serrano, or finger hot)
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- 1 inch ginger cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander seed ground semi fine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper toasted and ground semi fine salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 drops sesame seed oil
- Brush the fish with the softened butter on both sides.
Season the fillet both sides with salt, pepper and spice.
- In a large bowl combine the carrot, scallion, ginger, sliced chilies, mushrooms, oil and a little salt. Mix well.
- Take 4 pieces of foil approximately 10 inches by 10 inches, place each piece of fish on each piece of foil.
- Divide the vegetables into 4 portions. Place one portion on top of each fish. Place cilantro on each piece.
- Form a pouch around the fish and seal each one tight.
Place in a countertop oven set at 400 degrees and cook for 14-18 minutes.
- Open the pouch and serve each fillet in a bowl with the liquid from the pouch.