Learn more about the Smart Oven Pro.
- 1.5kg whole chicken, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Pull the leaves from the rosemary and thyme sprigs; finely chop. Zest and juice the lemon, reserving separately.
- Combine the chopped herbs, lemon zest, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Select SEAR on your Fast Slow Pro and preheat the cooking bowl. Brown the chicken on both sides, 3–5 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
- Place the trivet in the cooking bowl and add the water. Place the chicken, breast side up, on the trivet.
- Select PRESSURE COOK or SLOW COOK POT ROAST.
- When cooking has completed, carefully remove the chicken and transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Tips: Place cooked chicken under a hot grill for a few minutes to brown and crisp skin.
Make a sauce for the chicken by reducing the cooking liquid using the REDUCE function.