- 1 cup peeled deveined shrimp, 21-25 count (roughly 10-12 shrimp)
- 1 small jalepeno, seeded and minced
- 4 large red tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 4 slices bread, grilled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and coat the shrimp. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay the marinated shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cook for 12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Cut the shrimp in half horizontally, along the vein line. Hold cold until ready to serve.
- Prepare a medium pot of boiling water and an ice water bath.
- Core the tomato and score an “x” the opposite end.
- Once the water has come to a boil, drop the tomato in for about 10 seconds. Remove and drop immediately into the ice bath. Allow to cool.
- Remove from ice bath and peel the skin off with your fingers. Repeat with all tomatoes.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds. Dice the flesh.
- Rough chop half of the cilantro. Mix the jalepeno, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- When serving, combine the shrimp and the relish.
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 triangles.
- Serve the shrimp with the grilled bread, garnish with remaining cilantro leaves.