Thanks to Chef David Myers for this wonderful recipe.
- 12-ounce skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 baby turnip, thinly shaved
- 1 green onion stalk, bias cut
- Chili thread for garnish
- Mix miso paste, mirin, sake into a bowl, then add skirt steak.
- Coat the steak with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the steak from the bowl and rub with canola to prevent from sticking on the grill. Grill until medium rare or preferred temperature.
- Remove from the grill, plate, then garnish with turnip, green onion, and chili thread.