Serves 4 · Total time: 30 minutes · Active time: 20 minutes
Summer evenings are incomplete without a noodle salad like this to slurp up. Peanutty, sesame-y, spicy and loaded with crisp and cooling radishes and cucumbers.
- 8 ounces rice pad thai noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 8 cups crisp salad greens
- 1 recipe Peanut Dragon Dressing (see below)
- Fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons toasted or black sesame seeds
Prepare the noodles according to package directions. It’s very important not to overcook them! Often the package says to boil water, then turn it off and let the noodles steep for about 8 minutes. Set a timer to be safe. Once soft, immediately drain and run cold water over them until cool.
Assemble the salad:
In a very large mixing bowl, toss noodles, radishes and cucumber with most of the dressing, setting aside a little bit for drizzling.
Place a bed of greens on each plate and top with noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, top with a little cilantro, and serve.
Peanut Dragon Dressing
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as needed
Assemble the dressing:
Place all of the ingredients in a small blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
Keep tightly sealed and refrigerated until ready to use. It will keep for up to 5 days.