Chocolate Waffle Batter
- 5 oz. dark bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz. unsalted butter, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cups baker’s sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 100% power for 30 seconds. Stir and continue until chocolate and butter have melted and mixture is smooth; set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together in a large bowl and stir through cooled chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl, and make a well in the center.
- Pour in egg mixture and whisk until mostly smooth with just a few lumps.
- Select CHOCOLATE setting and set the browning control dial to setting 6.
- Preheat the waffle maker until the LCD color changes to orange and HEATING disappears.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into each waffle square and close lid to cook.
- At the end of the cooking cycle, open the lid and carefully remove your waffles. Repeat with remaining batter.