As part of our “Road to the Recipe” series, Chef Seamus Mullen of Tertulia shows us how to use a Breville Smart Grill™ to make Brook trout, marinated heirloom tomatoes, and corn vinaigrette, grilled indoors and just as flavorful.
- 2 brook trout filets, each cut in half
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch basil, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 bunch thyme, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 bunch mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ears corn, charred on the Smart Grill
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons EVO
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season the trout filets on all sides with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little EVO on the skin side. Preheat Smart Grill to medium high and place the trout, skin side down, and sear until brown, about three minutes. Place one sprig of thyme on top of each filet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with lemon zest and cover with a lid.
- Meanwhile combine the tomatoes, sliced shallots, lemon juice, herbs, corn, vinegar and olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Divide the tomatoes in four bowls. After 5 minutes, remove the lid and serve the fish, skin side up, on top of the tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Eat well in 2013 with Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food!