Learn more about the Sous Chef 12.
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1½ cups grapeseed or light olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Assemble food processing with spindle and S-blade. Place yolks, mustard and lemon juice, or vinegar, into bowl and secure lid. Process for 20 seconds or until combined.
- While food processor is running, remove small food pusher and gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream and process until mixture thickened and combined. This will take approximately 2½ minutes. Season to taste with salt.
Garlic Aioli – Add 2 cloves of garlic, with the egg yolks. Use olive oil instead of grapeseed oil.
Chipotle Chile Mayonnaise – Add 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce with the egg yolk.
Roasted Red Pepper Mayonnaise – Add 1 roasted red pepper, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped and 1 clove garlic with the egg yolks.
Lime and Wasabi Mayonnaise – Use lime juice instead of lemon and add 1 teaspoon wasabi paste.
Caesar Dressing – Add 4 anchovies, 1 clove garlic and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce with the egg yolk. Increase lemon juice to ¼ cup.