- 1/4 cup espresso (2 ounces or 1 double shot)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces sugar plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons agar-agar powder (equivalent to 2 tablespoons agar-agar flakes or 2 teaspoons gelatin powder)
- 3/4 cup amaretto
- 2 tablespoons water
- Chocolate balls or flakes for garnish
- Over medium heat, put the cream, milk, espresso and 5 ounces of sugar into a sauce pan to heat. When it begins to boil, add in the agar-agar and cook for about 3 minutes more or until it is completely melted.
- Transfer the mixture into small containers or regular ramekins and allow them to cool then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until they set.
- While waiting for the panna cotta to set, prepare the amaretto syrup.
- Over low heat, in a small saucepan, combine the amaretto, water and the remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar and simmer until it becomes thick.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of syrup over each panna cotta and garnish with the chocolate balls or flakes.