- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 sticks butter, cubed at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two baking trays with paper
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, ancho chili powder and cayenne pepper together into a bowl. Assemble the processing bowl using the S blade. Combine the butter, sugars and vanilla into the processing bowl and place the lid on it. Attach the motor body and select speed 15, processing until the sugar and butter are creamy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, making sure to incorporate each egg well, and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add half the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture starts to combine. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the remaining flour until just combined.
- Remove the blade and fold in the chocolate, being very careful not to over mix.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the baking trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on baking trays for 2 minutes once done then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.