- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 cup skim milk
- Pinch of salt
- Extra self-rising flour for kneading,
- Extra milk for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Using the beater attachments on the Handy Mix Digital™, select speed 2 and cream butter until soft. Add in half the flour mix and mix well on speed 2. Add in the remaining flour and salt then gradually add the milk, mixing to form a soft dough still using speed 2, do not over mix. Note: Raise and lower the beaters throughout the mixing to assist in the combining of ingredients.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured board and knead lightly.
- Cut the dough into the desired shapes and place close together on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the scone tops lightly with a little extra milk.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.