- 4 cups of fruit (any fruit will do even berries but make it one fruit)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Peel and dice the fruit, removing all seeds, unless using berries.
- Add the diced fruit and water to a stock pot and bring to a boil. Add in the lemon juice and honey and reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the fruit is cooked through and can easily be mashed.
- Using the immersion blender, purée the fruit until smooth. On a parchment lines cookie sheet, thinly spread out the purée between 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake on the lowest oven temperature (between 150°F and 180°F) for 8 to 10 hours. The fruit should not be sticky enough to stick to you and grab on when touched.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Roll up from one end to the other depending on the kinds of rolls you’d like. For Fruit-by-the-foot style rolls, roll up from short end to short end and cut 1-inch pieces off the roll. For fruit-roll-up style rolls, roll the long end to long end and cut 3- to 4-inch rolls off the larger one.