Unfortunately, it’s that time of the year when many of us don’t get enough sunshine. That’s why this bright and cheerful juice is a favorite of mine during the cold and gray winter months!
Sunshine in a cup
If the bright color isn’t enough to get your engines running, the energizing raw maca powder sure will be. For thousands of years, maca has been used in Andean societies to add nourishment to their diets — to reduce stress, increase stamina, combat fatigue, and boost libido. It is also packed with vitamins like B1, B2, and C, along with minerals such as calcium and potassium.
A serving is just one teaspoon, so a little goes a long way! Glowing Sunshine Juice is a quick and easy way to sneak in a healthy boost of energy that will have you glowing in no time.
- 1 grapefruit, peeled
- 4 medium carrots
- fresh ginger (approximately 1×1×¾-inch)
- ½-1 teaspoon raw maca powder
- Juice the grapefruit, carrots, and ginger together.
- Place the raw maca powder in a glass and pour juice in.
- Stir well. Enjoy immediately.