Breville’s Adele Schober shares a simple recipe for Margherita Pizza using the Breville Smart Oven®.
Ingredients for pizza dough
- ¾ Cup + 2 tablespoons (210 ml) warm water
- 1 ¾ Teaspoons (8 ml) Quick Rise Instant Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon (5 ml) Honey
- 2 Cups (500 ml) Unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) Yellow cornmeal (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon (5 ml) Kosher salt
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- ¾ cup torn bocconcini cheese
- Fresh basil and fresh oregano for garnish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the honey in water. Sprinkle the yeast on top of the water and let stand for 3 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal (if using) and salt. Pour the water/yeast mixture into the flour and mix to form a ball. Transfer the contents onto a working surface and knead the dough for approximately 7 to 10 minutes or until you have formed a smooth and elastic dough.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a clean medium size bowl with olive oil (approximately 1 teaspoon).
- Place the ball inside the bowl; turn it over to grease the underside. Cover the bowl lightly with plastic wrap and set aside. Allow the dough to rise approximately 30 minutes.
- When the dough is proofed, divide it in half. Stretch the dough to fit the Breville non-stick pizza pan.
- Spread ½ cup Tomato Sauce and ¾ cup torn bocconcini cheese on the top of the dough. Add fresh basil and fresh oregano for garnish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- To bake the pizza turn the funtion dial until the indicator on the LCD screen points to PIZZA function.
- De-select the FROZEN and CONVECTION settings. Bake the pizza for the default temperature time.
TIP: For a crispier crust, add one more minute.