- 4 tbsp dried chia seeds or basil seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, or 1⁄2 iceberg
- 1 cup fresh spinach, with a few leaves saved for decoration
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄4 cup vodka, cold
- In a small cup, soak the chia or basil seeds with the lemon juice and 1 cup warm but not hot water. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In either a juicer or blender, process the celery, cucumber, lettuce, and spinach, and add the lime juice. Pour into a jug.
- Add the vodka and stir in the swollen chia or basil seed, keeping back 1 tsp for garnish.
- Pour the juice into a tall glass and decorate with a single spinach leaf – which the more fanciful amongst us might think of as a lily pad – and a spoonful of the chia seed on top . . . for the frog spawn.
Recipe from SymmetryBreakfast
Michael’s passion for cooking comes from his parents. His mixed English, Scottish and Chinese heritage. Weekends and school holidays would be spent working in his father’s Chinese and English chippies in Liverpool and teaching himself to bake for his mother’s sweet tooth.
In November 2016, Michael published SymmetryBreakfast: 100 recipes for the Loving Cook
(powerhouse Books) that contains recipes from around the world. The book takes an anthropological view of how food shapes culture and vice versa and how in the many different ways we break the fast.
12:01 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Caramel Apple Turnovers
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Eggplant Parmesan
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Falafel with Spicy Feta Sauce
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Loaded Potato Bites
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Zucchini Fries with Herbed Yogurt Dip