- 16 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces good quality full-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cane sugar (depending on tartness of the berries)
Note: All the ingredients for this recipe should be very cold (or still frozen, in the case of the blueberries); the cold from the berries will help freeze the other ingredients and create the frozen yogurt texture.
- Place the berries in a food processor that is outfitted with a metal blade and add the remaining ingredients. Process everything together for 30 seconds or so until pureed. Remove the lid and taste for sugar – more may be needed, depending on sweetness of berries. Place the lid back on and process for another 15 seconds until no large chunks of blueberry remain.
- When done you should be left with a uniform frozen mixture with the nice tartness of the berries and balance from the sugar. The yogurt will be at its most delicious if eaten right away because the sugar won’t have time to dissolve which creates a nice crunchy texture.
Note: If you must freeze the yogurt, remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.