- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch each of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced bacon and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until most of the fat has been rendered and the bacon has started to get crispy. Drain off all but about a tablespoon of the bacon fat into a small bowl; reserve.
- Add the sugar to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, until it has coated the bacon and the bacon starts to look shiny. Add the cashews, curry powder, cayenne, salt and black pepper and toss together to coat the nuts. If they seem a little dry, add another teaspoon of bacon fat and toss to coat.
- Spread the nuts out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Let cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.