- 2 large onions, unpeeled, halved
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1″ pieces
- 8 ounces (200g) crimini or button mushrooms, halved 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 sprigs Italian parsley
- 2.5 quarts (2.5L) cold water
- Add all the ingredients to the cooking bowl.
- Select PRESSURE COOK or SLOW COOK STOCK. If pressure cooking, adjust cooking time to 15 minutes.
- When cooking has completed, let stock cool until safe to handle then strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Use immediately or refrigerate overnight. Use within a few days or freeze in small, air-tight containers for up to 1 month.
PRESSURE COOK: 12.0 psi / 15 min / Natural
SLOW COOK: 4–6 hours HI, 6–8 hours LO