• 2 Granny Smith apples
• 2 Golden Delicious apples
• 2 Macintosh apples
• 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter cut in pieces
• 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
For the Pastry
1. Place the flour, salt, sugar in the bowl of a food processor and let it run for a few seconds to combine. Add the butter pieces to the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Add ice water in a slow stream and process just until the dough holds together. Not more than 30 seconds.
3. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Form each piece into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before using.
For the Pie Filling
1. Peel, core and chop apples into medium size dice.
2. Add diced apples and 1 tablespoon of water to a medium saucepan. Add the cranberries, cinnamon, and sugar.
3. Cook on medium heat until apples are fork tender. Allow to cool completely.
Mini Apple Pies
1. Roll out the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface. Using the larger round side of the pastry cutter, cut out the bottom. Use the smaller side of the pastry cutter for the top.
2. Place the larger piece in the pie maker and using the press, press the dough into the base. Fill the pie with a 1/3 cup apple filling and place the smaller piece on top.
3. Repeat with remaining 3 pies.
4. Close the lid and lock into place. Bake for 8-10 minutes.