Chef Jamie Bissonnette makes New York Strip Steak with asparagus a la plancha, pickled ramps, cauliflower a la grecque, and sweet cicely on the Smart Grill by Breville.
Steak and Asparagus Salad with Pickled Ramps and Cauliflower
- 5 oz NY Strip club steak
- 5 each Jumbo Asparagus, peeled
- 1 cup Cauliflower, cooked in olive oil and white wine with garlic (poached until tender)
- 1 tablespoon Butter (unsalted)
- 1 each Shallot (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Pickled Ramps in vinegar
- Olive Oil to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- 2 oz Sweet Cicely, or chervil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Cook the steak on all sides o sear until medium rare (about 4-5 minutes on the Smart Grill) Pull the steak to rest.
- Grill the asparagus with the shallots, and some olive oil. Season the asparagus with salt and butter on the grill. Warm the cauliflower on the grill.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, slice the steak and place on top of the asparagus.
- Arrange the cauliflower around the plate. Drizzle with the ramp vinaigette and garnish with sweet cicely leaves, and sea salt on the sliced steak.