- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 2-pound thick-cut ham steak
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 12-ounce jar of orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh orange slices and parsley sprigs
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the ham steak in the hot oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates, turning halfway through the cooking time. Once cooked, remove the ham from the skillet and set aside.
- Cook the onion in the skillet over low heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in the marmalade, coffee, golden raisins, raisins, vinegar and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the glaze begins to thicken.
- Return the ham steak to the skillet; turn a few times to coat with sauce. Simmer about 5 minutes or until the glaze reaches the desired consistency. Serve garnished with orange slices and parsley.