Makes 20 soft-boiled eggs (cooked for 7 minutes in boiling water)
- 20 eggs, cooked for 7 minutes in boiling water)
- Pork Mix and Sage Paste (recipes below)
Pork Mix Ingredients
- 49 ounces pork butt
- 21 ounces salted fatback
- Sage Paste:
- 1.5 ounces sage
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- 1 teaspoon Olave organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup filone breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup fine filone crumbs
- 2 cups coarse filone crumbs
- Portion the pork mix into 4-ounce balls. Using your hands, carefully flatten out each portion into a pancake, making sure the thickness is even all around.
- Place one of the soft-boiled eggs on top of the sausage and wrap it around the egg.
- Continue with the remaining eggs and refrigerate until they are cold.
- Place all the breading ingredients into separate bowls.
- Take each farce-wrapped egg out of the refrigerator and proceed with the following steps:
- Dredge the egg first in flour, then coat with an egg wash, and cover the egg with a layer of the fine breadcrumbs.
- Next repeat the egg wash and then coat a second time with a layer of the coarse breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate again until cold.
- Fry in a 350°F fryer for 9 minutes and let it rest for one minute. The yolk should be runny but warm inside.