- A giant handful of small, flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- A large handful mint leaves (about half as much as the parsley)
- A large handful marjoram leaves (about half as much as the parsley)
- 3 whole anchovies
- 1 heaping tablespoon drained capers
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Place the herbs in the bowl of a food processor. Add the anchovies, capers, garlic, a pinch of salt, and the Dijon mustard. Add a few good glugs of olive oil and start pulsing to get things roughly chopped.
- Check consistency and add more olive oil as needed, along with the vinegar at this point. Pulse until the salsa comes together — some people prefer it to have larger bits of herbs still intact, others prefer it creamier.
- To serve, spread on some warm toasted bread and top with a sprinkle of salt.