Risotto ai Funghi
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 to 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 14ounce assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1 3/4 cups arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Press the Sauté button and then the start/cancel button on the BRC600XL. Heat the removable cooking bowl for 3 minutes. Remove the lid and add in the oil and butter, allowing this to heat for 1 minute or until the butter is melted.
- Add in the chopped shallots and cover with the lid, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes or until the shallots are softened.
- Add in the mushrooms then cover again, letting these cook for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add in the rice and mix well, allowing this to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the wine and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes or until the wine is absorbed.
- Stir in the stock, cover with the lid, and press the Risotto button then the start button.
- When the machine switches to warm, about 20 to 30 minutes, remove the lid and stir in the grated cheese and the chopped sage then salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.