- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) milk
- 3⁄4 cup (110g) self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Unsalted butter for greasing
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Assemble mixer using the whisk attachment. Add egg whites to mixer bowl. Turn the mixer to AERATE/WHIP setting and whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and whisk for 1 minute. Transfer egg white mixture to another bowl.
- Place egg yolks, ricotta and milk in to bowl of mixer. Still using the whisk attachment, turn the mixer to CREAMING/BEATING setting and mix until combined. Reduce speed to FOLDING/KNEADING and add sifted flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Return egg white mixture back into mixer bowl and mix on FOLDING/KNEADING setting until just combined.
- Heat a heavy base frying pan or griddle over a low to moderate heat. Lightly grease with butter.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
For berry pancakes pour mixture into pan; top with several fresh berries before flipping over and cooking other side.