Pots de Crème
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 ounces of very strong, very hot coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place the chocolate chips in a blender, crack the eggs over them and add in the vanilla and salt. Pulses 5 to 10 times or until the chips are roughly broken up. Turn the blender on fully and slowly pour in the hot coffee in a steady stream. The coffee will melt the chocolate into a smooth mixture but you don’t want it too liquid, so the stream should be slow and steady.
- Pour the mixture into small glasses or demitasse cups and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- When the mixture is almost set, whip the cream with the sugar until fluffy. Serve the mixture in the glasses with one dollop of cream on top of each.