- 2 cups firmly packed basil leaves (approx 1 large bunch)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Assemble the food processing bowl using the S blade.
- Place all ingredients into processing bowl in the order listed. Place lid on bowl and process until all the ingredients are almost smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
- Spoon into an airtight container and chill until ready to use.
TIP: Pesto will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. Pour a little extra oil over the top of the pesto and place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the pesto. This will prevent excess browning.