Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and finely chopped
- Heat the cream in a large saucepan over medium heat until simmering but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is pale yellow.
- Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup warm cream to temper the yolks. Whisk the yolk mixture into the remaining cream and cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes.
- Let the custard cool slightly and stir in the chopped peaches. Transfer into an ice cream maker to process.
- Serve with more peaches and a Cornbread Crumble, as desired.