Oysters with Cucumber Mignonette
“Oysters in the summer are such a popular thing, and we try to marry the season with the oysters. Nothing too strong to overpower the oyster. Just a nice flavor to add to it.” –Chef Jeremy Sewall of Lineage, Island Creek Oyster Bar, and Row 34
- 1 large peeled cucumber, cut into 4 long pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 two-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- In a vegetable juicer juice the cucumber and ginger.
- Pour the juice over the remaining ingredients and mix well. This recipe can be made a day ahead.
- Spoon a little of the mixture on top of each oyster in its shell.
A native of upstate New York, Chef Jeremy Sewall spent his childhood summers in Maine with his family, feasting on lobsters, clams, chowders, and other New England specialties. He graduated with honors from the esteemed Culinary Institute of America, and in 2006, Sewall opened Lineage in Brookline, MA with his wife, Lisa, a former pastry chef at Boston's L'Espalier.
In 2009, Sewall became Collaborating Chef at Eastern Standard. In 2010, he teamed up with Skip Bennett, the founder of Island Creek Oysters, to bring the Island Creek Oyster Bar to Boston. Recently, Jeremy opened Row 34 in the waterfront district of Boston.
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Chicken Strips
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Loaded Potato Bites
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Spring Rolls
12:00 pm|Comments Off on Air Fry Recipes: Zucchini Fries with Herbed Yogurt Dip