“Oysters in the summer are such a popular thing, and we try to marry the season with the oysters. Nothing too strong to overpower the oyster. Just a nice flavor to add to it.” –Chef Jeremy Sewall of Lineage, Island Creek Oyster Bar, and Row 34
- 1 large peeled cucumber, cut into 4 long pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 two-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- In a vegetable juicer juice the cucumber and ginger.
- Pour the juice over the remaining ingredients and mix well. This recipe can be made a day ahead.
- Spoon a little of the mixture on top of each oyster in its shell.