- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 6 ounces of molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 to 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 6- to 8-ounce bone-in pork chops cut to roughly 1 inch thik
- Combine the coffee, molasses, vinegar, mustard, garlic, ginger, thyme, pork chops, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper in a 1 gallon zip top bag. Seal and shake until thoroughly combined. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill plate to medium-high. Remove the chops from the bag and pour the marinade into a saucepan and heat to a gentle boil over medium-high heat, stirring continually. Keep this boil going until the marinade is reduced to about 1/2 a cup, about 12 to 15 minutes then remove the thyme stems and turn the heat off.
- Grill the pork chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they have an internal temperature of 145°F then allow them to rest for 5 minutes. Serve the chops with the glaze you created.