- 120g ginger nut biscuits, processed to a crumb
- 50g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sour cream
- Zest from 1 blood orange (or other citrus fruit)
- 2 tablespoons blood orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine ginger nut crumbs with melted butter in a small bowl then divide among four 10cm lightly greased spring form tins. Use a teaspoon to press crumb mixture evenly and firmly into the bottoms and partway up the sides of the tins. Chill until ready to use.
- Assemble mixer using scraper beater. Add the cream cheese and sugar. Slowly turn the mixer to CREAMING/BEATING setting and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth Turn the dial to LIGHT MIXING and add. Add the eggs, sour cream, citrus zest, juice and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fill the tins 3/4 full with the cheesecake mix and loosely cover with foil. Place them on a tray in the oven.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the cakes are firm and set.
- When cooking has completed, carefully remove cheesecakes and let sit at room temperature.
- Prepare topping by combining sour cream,sugar,citrus zest and juice. Divide topping evenly over each cheesecake and chill completely before serving.