“Beer-steamed littleneck clams is a quintessential New England treat. Chorizo deepens the flavor of the dish, and adding toasted bread to sop up the sauce is a must.” –Chef Jeremy Sewall
- 20 littleneck clams, washed well
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 ounces local beer (pilsner or lager preferred)
- 3/4 cup chorizo, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsely, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices of bread, grilled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the Hot Wok Pro™ (setting 8 to 10), warm the canola oil and then add the garlic.
- Sauté the garlic until it begins to color very lightly.
- Immediately add the clams, chorizo, and beer. Cover the wok and keep covered until the clams begin to open, about 8 minutes or so.
- When the clams open, place them in 4 bowls, leaving the liquid in the wok.
- Increase the heat (setting 13 to High Sear), bring the liquid to a boil, stir in the parsley, butter, and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the liquid over the clams and top with grilled bread.