- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 3 to 4 lemons)
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup baker’s sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, chopped into approximately 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated.
- Halve 3 or 4 fresh lemons and juice them in the Citrus Press. Combine all of the ingredients in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; make sure that the bowl is not touching the water.
- Whisk the mixture continuously until it is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Immediately remove it from heat and place the bowl into an ice bath to cool it quickly.
- Transfer the curd into a clean glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.