Chris also shares three tips on grilling fish perfectly.
Latin Style Grilled Mahi-Mahi
- four 8-ounce Mahi fillets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
Spice Rub Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground chile powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 avocados cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup small dice pineapple
- 1/4 cup small dice red onion
- 1/4 cup small dice red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh copped cilantro
- 1/4 cup line juice
- 1 tablespoon pureed chipotle pepper
- Preheat Breville grill or start a fire in charcoal grill.
- Rub Mahi with oil and spice mix. Rub avocados with oil and salt and pepper.
- Check that grill is ready. For charcoal grill, when coals are uniformly covered in ash (30-40 minutes), fire is ready.
- Over medium heat or a medium hot fire, grill Mahi steaks 5 to 7 minutes per side. Grill avocados cut side down, 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine salsa ingredients and toss.
- Serve Mahi with half a grilled avocado, and pineapple salsa on the side.