What’s great about a mango salsa is that it runs a gamut of flavors and is totally versatile. It’s great as a cold appetizer or to flavor a poultry or seafood entree.
As a bonus, mango is high in nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber. And because mangoes are grown all around the world, there really is no mango off season.
The biggest trick to mangoes is cutting them, because that giant seed can get in the way.
Mangoes never go out of season and are high in fiber. This salsa is a fresh start to any meal.
Serving ideas: Serve in lettuce wraps as pictured, or with tortilla chips. Here’s another idea, spoon over grilled chicken or fish.
Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2 large ripe mangoes, halved, peeled and seeds removed
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- sea salt to taste
- Pureé mango in a blender or juicer.
- Pour mango mixture into a bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt.