World champion barista Heather Perry shows you how to make the Iced Americana, a great alternative to traditional iced coffee.
Black, cold and bold, the iced Americana is the essence of iced coffee. This flavorful alternative to traditional brewed iced coffee begins with dark, layered espresso.
- espresso beans
- Finely grind the espresso beans.
- Fill a double-sized portafilter with ground coffee, tamp the coffee, place it in the machine, and turn handle until snug.
- Pull two shots of espresso into warmed shot glasses.
- Fill glass with ice. Fill 3/4 of glass with cold water.
- Pour espresso over ice and water. Stir and enjoy.